Friday, August 21, 2026

Physical Media is SO Back! Burn Some CDs! 💿🦄

 Hi! Welcome back to Heart of Amethyst!

I wanted to make this week's post about my favorite things to do with collecting physical media, specifically CDs! The rise of physical media is soooo cool in my opinion as someone who has been collecting CDs and DVDs for many years. (I've also started collecting vinyl and cassettes recently which I can talk about in future posts if you all would be interested!) 

Recently, I've seen a biiig rise in collecting physical media online. I follow a lot of creators who talk about it, but especially one of my favorite creators right now who does is nadja bella <333. She has a whole series on her TikTok page about physical media and how to collect more sustainably, and it's super cool to see someone so passionate about it and willing to share her knowledge with others! You should definitely check her out and I'll link her YouTube video on her beginner's guide to collecting below. 

---- ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Now onto my experience collecting, I have collected CDs and DVDs for many years! I am really thankful to my mama because she has helped me build my collection since childhood. She constantly helped me not only to collect and understand why owning your media is important, but also helped me to consume sustainably and with intent. She was constantly taking me to my local public library and library sales, yard sales, and thrift stores where we'd buy and borrow CDs and DVDs! I have my own pink boombox and a discman, which I absolutely love using. As of recently, I have taken interest in burning my own CDs since I got my first laptop! I started acting on this about a month ago, I had players and a laptop to begin with, so I was off to a strong start! I looked on Facebook Marketplace for a CD burner and after about 2 weeks of searching, I found an 'Apple SuperDrive' for $10! I was sooo excited cause it burns both CDs and DVDs and also works as a player! So now, I can watch DVDs on my laptop and save my music to my computer and listen without playing the CD! Super cool. Sadly I wasn't able to thrift blank CDs after looking for a long time, so I bought a pack online! It comes in tomorrow and I am SUPER excited to burn my own CDs! I am still on the hunt for jewel cases so it'll be awhile till I can give CDs to friends and such, but I'm really excited to make some to listen to myself! 

---- ˚⊱🪷⊰˚

Anyways, that's all I have for today! Thank you so much for reading and let me know what else you'd like me to share! Until next time. 

- Watch Nadja Bella's 'Beginner Guide to Collecting (and Burning) CDs' here!


With much love always,

Emilia xx

5 comments:

  1. I appreciate that you're being sustainable with collecting physical media. Sadly a lot of people turned into another form of consumerism. Consuming responsibly is important for mental health, managing finances and the environment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! I think it's so important that people physically own their favorite media and actually do it for its benefits and not be part of an overconsumption trend.

      Delete
  2. Hearing your stories about CDs and DVDs brings back childhood nostalgia—a time before gadgets, when kids watched entertainment on DVDs played through home DVD players. I used to collect DVDs that came as free gifts with boxes of milk, though sadly I didn't keep them, and they’ve long since vanished. Reading your post brought those days flooding back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is exactly what I was going for! I think it's an important thing to remind people that we need to detach from being online so much. Collecting physical media helps me to do that myself, so why not share it with others? And also that's so cool that you collected DVDs in milk cartons! I've never heard of that before. Thanks so much for reading. <33

      Delete
  3. Yes definitely me too! It's so much more fun to thrift something you love in my opinion, it feels so much more special. <3

    ReplyDelete